Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Worth A Read Or Two

landscaping idea
I buy a fair amount of gardening books, and I read a whole lot more. But my frustration is that they are often not easily translated to a South African context. I see tons of books that are almost useless to South Africans because they have information that is very specific to a northern hemisphere temperate climate. I feel sorry for the people who unwittingly buy these gardening books and will never be able to use them apart from coffee table books or as drool material.

Fortunately some good quality books are starting to come from places with a similar climate to ours - mainly Australia. Added to this is the fact that South African gardening books are also improving. Theyre starting to look less like the gardening books that I inherited from my grandmother that contained information that is now either irrelevant or outdated.

especially in a South African context.

landscaping idea photo galleries
landscaping idea photo galleries

No comments:

Post a Comment